Chopper for Mac 1.2.4 – ‘Skip cave level’ option

Written by David Frampton @ 3:27 am, February 28, 2009

Many people have had difficulty getting past the ‘Beyond The Caves’ level in Chopper.

The first few emails I got complaining about this level caused me to wonder if I had done the right thing, and think about what I might do better in a sequel. Maybe make the change in skills required not so jarring, perhaps offer a completely separate sequence of cave levels.

Then it started to get a little disconcerting. Probably more than a dozen emails, many of whom I assume came from people who are actually losing out on the later levels, just because they cannot get past this one that is so different.

So finally I have resigned to the fact that I made a mistake. I still think it’s a great level, that teaches you some careful maneuvering tactics at the right place in the game, but for too many people the change in the skill required just sticks out like a sore thumb.

So 1.2.4 adds a new preference to skip the caves level. It’s not the best solution, and I hope I don’t have to do anything like this again. But hopefully those of you who have been stuck on this level can now enjoy more of the game.

Chopper for Mac OS X 1.2.4

5 Comments

1. Hugh

Firstly, Chopper is a very good game.

Thanks for giving us the ’skip level’ option. My reflexes are far from superhuman, nor are they what they used to be even, and I found that cave level just too difficult. Some of the other levels are difficult enough, and I note that in V 1.2.4 the strawberry field workers scenario now contains many more hazards. I’ve yet to get past that level, although it’s early days.

Comment by Hugh — March 1, 2009 @ 1:08 am

2. aristipp

… maybe it´s also a keyboard issue, i use a standard pc-keyboard on my mac, works much better (for playing chopper perhaps) as the original mac-keyboard…

Comment by aristipp — March 8, 2009 @ 2:32 pm

3. BR

Its a good idea to have a skip option, however having beat the In the caves level without having that option in the 1.2.3 version it has greatly increased my skill and helped me beat the game. (Yes I was one of those stuck on that level too. But it forced me to think outside of the box a little bit.)

Comment by BR — March 10, 2009 @ 5:50 pm

4. leon

Why to skip, its the level with the most fun…….. I agree, difficult, but possible.

David, please add some more of this kind of levels in chopper 1.2.5 ;-)

Comment by leon — March 12, 2009 @ 12:32 pm

5. Mario

Beyond…It´s a very fun level. Only you need a bit of practice. I´m agree with Leon this kind of difficulties add interest to game.
    You are in war, not a weekend journey.

Comment by Mario — March 15, 2009 @ 11:50 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.